openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Updating the build guide (Re: a more sane way to override optimization flags in gbuild)
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2017 23:42:51 GMT

On 12/03/2017 12:30 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>> On Dec 3, 2017, at 1:31 PM, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Keith N. McKenna wrote:
>>> That begs the Question should we add a section to the overall build
>>> guide for CentOS6? If yes I can add the section as a clone of the
>>> CentOS5 Guide with all the proper warnings and notes about it needing
>>> updating for the CentOS6 specifics.
>> No, this wouldn't be helpful since the CentOS 6 guide should be almost completely
different from the CentOS 5 one (that section is meant to only contain the distribution-specific
details, and they differ significantly between major versions of the same distribution). So
this is best done by someone who actually did build on CentOS 6.

> Actually, as someone who has built on both, the instructions are
> pretty much mirrors. In fact, a simple s/5/6/p almost does it :)

Ditto for me. I've been building on CentOS6 (32 bit) for at least a year
and really no major issues. I've never built on CentOS 5 so I can't say
what the differences might be.

> My plan is to edit https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step
<https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step>
> and make the CentOS5 section AOO 4.1.x specific and, similar to what
> I did with the macOS guide, create a new CentOS6 section for 4.2.x and
> later.

MzK

"Don't you know that it's worth
  every treasure on earth