openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: a more sane way to override optimization flags in gbuild
Date Sun, 03 Dec 2017 00:25:48 GMT

> On Dec 2, 2017, at 5:56 PM, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:
>
> On 30/11/2017 Jim Jagielski wrote:
>> I think for 4.2.x and later, we have deprecated CentOS5 as a supported
>> build system... I ran into a LOT of issues.
>
> Such as, for example?

for starters:
  o zip 3.0.
  o GIO

>  I think that the guide we have at
> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step#CentOS_5
> used to be the most solid procedure to build OpenOffice, while it is well-known that
building on Windows is complex and building on Mac is even more complex and resulted in broken
builds several times.

> The reason I'm asking is not because CentOS 5 is particularly relevant (I think we have
agreement that we'll switch to CentOS 6 for 4.2.x and that the next, if any, 4.1.x releases
will cover major regressions only), but because I think that an updated version (to CentOS
6) of that guide should be the reference for our 4.2.x builds. So if there are issues that
can be ironed out, better to do it as soon as possible.

Isn't that exactly what I'm doing??? Or do you have some
other point to make?