openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: A more sane way to build - SCons, deCygwination and other hopes
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2017 14:06:00 GMT
Hello everyone!

Just my $0.02

> Hi
>
> After days of failing to add a few new simple features to gbuild, I've now
> reached my limits, and have begun experimenting with the SCons build system
> instead.
>
> It's starting to work. Having ported some of gbuild.mk, LinkTarget.mk and
> platform/freebsd.mk to SCons, as well as a module's local gbuild files, I
> can now compile files and (badly) link them into libraries, and clean the
> build.

I am fine with bringing yet another build system, specially since we
need this one to update Apache serf.

Of course the objective should still be to remove dmake, so my request
to Damjan, would be to move python ASAP to  gbuild. I can understand us
needing gbuild and Scons but we should be able to build SCons, and any
other build system, without dmake.

Regards,

Pedro.