openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Public Beta for 4.2
Date Sun, 03 Dec 2017 22:06:38 GMT
Am 03.12.2017 um 22:54 schrieb Jim Jagielski:

>> On Dec 3, 2017, at 4:25 PM, Peter kovacs <petko@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> How do we then distinguish one beta build from another? By Build number? We need
to track build versions.

> Agreed... Right now we have:
>
> RSCVERSION=420
> RSCREVISION=420m1(Build:9800)
> BUILD=9800
> LAST_MINOR=m1
> SOURCEVERSION=AOO420
>
> We could bump BUILD and LAST_MINOR for each Beta, which
> messes up our release numbering, or maybe we use
> something like
>
> RSCVERSION=420
> RSCREVISION=420b1(Build:9800)
> BUILD=9800
> LAST_MINOR=b1
> SOURCEVERSION=AOO420
>
> for betas and then switch back to 'm1.. m2...' for the RCs.

at least the download scripting is knowing a beta release and is
prepared. *)

Example:

// Beta Release: General properties.
DL_BETA.VERSION			= "4.2.0-Beta1";
DL_BETA.NAME			= "4.2.0 Beta1";
DL_BETA.MILESTONE		= "AOO420m1";
DL_BETA.BUILD			= "1234";
DL_BETA.SVN_REV			= "r1234567";
DL_BETA.REL_DATE		= "2017-Dec-XX";

So, a typical filename could be:
Apache_OpenOffice_4.2.0-Beta1_Linux_x86-64_install-rpm_en-US.tar.gz

*)
At least the scriping has parts to process to handle special steps and
areas fot a beta release. However, of course it need to be tested and
likely to be adapted. But don't worry I will take care ot this.

Marcus

>> If the vote is the only bad things we could use following flow:
>> The last voted RC does not have to be the last beta RC. We have special beta splash
screens. Maybe an warning in about.
>> When the quality of the release is production ready we close the beta, remove all
beta specials and build a last production version and that will be voted on.

>> By this we have simple names, every one can follow, plus we do not break our work
process.

>> All the best
>> Peter

RC
>>> for for Release Candidate plus a number. So the first version would be