openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Public Beta for 4.2
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2017 13:18:51 GMT
Remember we also have the 4.1.5 branch, which is a lower risk solution
to some 4.1.4 regressions.

I think it is time to decide whether to release it, and if so, what the
timing should be relative to the start of the 4.2 beta test. There is
something to be said for a single announcement so that we can explain
the relationship.

On 12/1/2017 5:13 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> I see that Pat has committed the security patches to trunk, which is fantastic!
> Maybe we should take the next few business days and go thru Bugz
> and see what, if anything, would be low-risk patches to trunk and
> pencil in, say, Dec 7th as a "code freeze" date for builds...
>
> I can provide builds for all 4 platforms.
>
>> On Dec 1, 2017, at 1:34 AM, Mechtilde <ooo@mechtilde.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hello
>>
>> I like this idea, too. it makes it visible that we aren't dead.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Mechtilde
>>
>> Am 01.12.2017 um 03:41 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
>>> I like it. I already have Linux, Windows and macOS 4.2.0-dev builds available
>>> (http://home.apache.org/~jim/AOO-builds/ <http://home.apache.org/~jim/AOO-builds/>)
for some langs

having a lot of people doing more than simple QA what does the team think about releasing
a Public Beta for 4.2.0? I think that this would be an advantage for the project and might
serve to bring in more of the community as QA volunteers.

4.2.0. So, yes for your proposal.

on the other webpages, and other fine things to make it visible.

with further included bugfixes; to show an increasing quality towards the final release build.

like to have a specific level of quality that we give to our users. Otherwise we will get
spammed by bug reports which nobody wants to handle.