openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Carl Marcum <cmar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][VOTE] New Apache OpenOffice PMC Chair
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2017 02:11:32 GMT
On 12/13/2017 07:08 PM, Peter kovacs wrote:
> I am confused. There was no proper " I do not want to candidate anymore mail."
> But maybe my English is not good enough.
>
> A one candidate vote is something completely different as between 2+ candidates. Such
a step should be well thought of if this is really the right step.

> Also I would like to know how do you count votes for Carl if he has resigned, which I
doubt.

> Not so happy
> peter

<snip>

Hi Peter,

I can still be in and prefer you become Chair this time.

If I misunderstood your desire to be Chair I apologize.

I stepped up to make sure we had a new chair even though my workload is
very high right now.

I thought you had changed your mind about waiting until next year.

If you do not want it, My offer still stands and I'll stand in.

Best regards,
Carl