openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: a more sane way to override optimization flags in gbuild
Date Sun, 03 Dec 2017 09:14:41 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:
>> On Dec 2, 2017, at 5:56 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> On 30/11/2017 Jim Jagielski wrote:
>>> I think for 4.2.x and later, we have deprecated CentOS5 as a supported
>>> build system... I ran into a LOT of issues.
>> Such as, for example?
> for starters:
>    o zip 3.0.
>    o GIO

OK, I now get it. You ran into issues when you tried to build *trunk* on
CentOS 5, not when you built 4.1.4 on CentOS 5. I had read your sentence
above as "We should deprecate CentOS 5 since I found lots of issues
[when building 4.1.4]".

> Isn't that exactly what I'm doing???

Yes, we are on the same page:

- The CentOS 5 guide works well and smoothly for 4.1.x

- The CentOS 5 guide does not work any longer for trunk (for the reasons
Damjan detailed), but this is irrelevant as we'll update to CentOS 6 anyway.

Regards,
   Andrea.