openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kovacs <Pe...@Apache.org>
Subject Re: [NOMINATION] New Apache OpenOfice Chair
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2017 23:09:58 GMT
Hello all,

I am also nominating for chair in 2017.

Maybe some small Information about myself. I have joined the Apache
OpenOffice Project in Sept 2016 after in german Mainstream IT Newspage
an article has been printed that OpenOffice has not enough devs and may
close. I decided that this is wrong and joined the Project, with the
intend to develop.

I have done only little in OpenSource before my Join to Apache Open
Office. My activities are mostly from user Perspective, but I wanted to
develop Open Source for quite a while now. This is my first Commiter and
PMC and possible Chair role.

Currently I try to help on recruiting to guide people plus learn my way
around Open Office Code (and languages!).  I am an IT Consultant for Big
data - ETL Programming (My tools are high level languages at best, maybe
Database stuff). So while I am a Programmer, my skillset is very
different to an application developer.

I have stepped up after Marcus asked the 2nd time, because I belive in
relieve. We can not allow that people burn themself. And I do believe in
choice: so I keep my will to do the job active, even if we have a good
second candidate in Carl.

Marcus has promised us both to help to get fit it. So I am confident
that I will be able to do the work needed to be done. I am looking
forward to the vote. Please allocate your vote to a candidate. It helps
the channel out ;) (as the youtoubers say.)

All the Best

Peter