openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Matthias Seidel <matthias.sei...@hamburg.de>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Public Beta for 4.2
Date Sat, 02 Dec 2017 12:22:56 GMT
Despite of the name it could be the icon of the dmg file? I don't know
where this icon set is visible... ;-)

Apart from that: +1 for a public beta.

But we should build "real" beta builds, with the appropriate
naming/graphics:
https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-420-Beta/About%20OpenOffice%20Beta%204.2.0.png

Regards, Matthias

Am 01.12.2017 um 20:08 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
> My latest 4.2.0-dev builds are available at
>
>     http://home.apache.org/~jim/AOO-builds/AOO-4.2.0-dev-r1816768/ <http://home.apache.org/~jim/AOO-builds/AOO-4.2.0-dev-r1816768/>
>
> But these are dmg's not installers.
>
>> On Dec 1, 2017, at 11:58 AM, Matthias Seidel <matthias.seidel@hamburg.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Jim,
>>
>> Did you have the opportunity to install 4.2.0 on macOS?
>>
>> I would be interested if the new icon does show up:
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/trunk/main/setup_native/source/mac/ooo3_installer.icns
>>
>> I created it on Windows with a program called "iConvertIcons" and had no
>> chance to test it.
>>
>> Regards, Matthias
>>

>> Am 01.12.2017 um 03:41 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
>>> I like it. I already have Linux, Windows and macOS 4.2.0-dev builds available
>>> (http://home.apache.org/~jim/AOO-builds/ <http://home.apache.org/~jim/AOO-builds/>)
for some langs

having a lot of people doing more than simple QA what does the team think about releasing
a Public Beta for 4.2.0? I think that this would be an advantage for the project and might
serve to bring in more of the community as QA volunteers.
4.2.0. So, yes for your proposal.

on the other webpages, and other fine things to make it visible.

with further included bugfixes; to show an increasing quality towards the final release build.

like to have a specific level of quality that we give to our users. Otherwise we will get
spammed by bug reports which nobody wants to handle.