openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kovacs <Pe...@Apache.org>
Subject Re: A more sane way to build - SCons, deCygwination and other hopes
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2017 14:47:24 GMT
Hi Pedro,

On 08.12.2017 15:06, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> Just my $0.02
>
>> Hi
>>
>> After days of failing to add a few new simple features to gbuild,
>> I've now
>> reached my limits, and have begun experimenting with the SCons build
>> system
>> instead.
>>
>> It's starting to work. Having ported some of gbuild.mk, LinkTarget.mk
>> and
>> platform/freebsd.mk to SCons, as well as a module's local gbuild
>> files, I
>> can now compile files and (badly) link them into libraries, and clean
>> the
>> build.
>
> I am fine with bringing yet another build system, specially since we
> need this one to update Apache serf.
>
> Of course the objective should still be to remove dmake, so my request
> to Damjan, would be to move python ASAP to  gbuild. I can understand
> us needing gbuild and Scons but we should be able to build SCons, and
> any other build system, without dmake.
The objective should be to move complete. My dream would be to make the
transformation automatically. For that we should focus to have the
tools, and then parse the information we need from the files we have.
It will take some time, thought till it realy works and we fixed all
bugs from the transformation.

My 2 cents how to do this.-

All the best
Peter