openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Lambertus <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hu Forum woes
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2017 23:01:49 GMT

> On Aug 9, 2017, at 3:35 PM, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:
>
> On 08/08/2017 Reizinger Zoltán wrote:
>> I as admin of Hungarian Forum deleted nearly all post in Hungarian
>> forum, during maintenance.
>> Can anybody restore the forum database to yesterday status?
>
> Database backups for https://forum.openoffice.org/ are managed by Infra, since we use
a shared cluster. CCing the Infra list. I assume we will coordinate through a JIRA ticket
to restore the status of the database at the last backup we had when the incident happened
(can you be more precise about date and time?), but at least Infra is informed that those
backups must be kept.

> An important note: if I recall correctly, we have several forum installations (one per
language) sharing the same database. Please let's coordinate, since restoring the old database
is not a solution (it would restore the Hungarian forum but also delete recent activity from
all other forums). I think we will need to only filter tables with a certain prefix.

Infra would need to know exactly what point in time this occurred (UTC) and what objects would
need to be restored. There is a forumooo_hu database which is the likely target for restoration.
Please include those details in an infra Jira ticket.

-Chris