openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Damjan Jovanovic <dam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Drop the KDE address book?
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2017 16:31:13 GMT
Access would be possible, if a JDBC or ODBC driver for the KDE 4/5 address
book existed, since we have bridges to JDBC and ODBC.

A native driver, like the one we have for KDE 3, would require a rewrite.

Database drivers are complex, there's 149 methods in the XDatabaseMetaData
UNO interface alone, and the com.sun.star.sdbc and com.sun.star.sdbcx
modules have many services with many interfaces.