openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Why is unwinreg.dll not downloaded automatic
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2017 10:09:19 GMT
On 25/07/2017 Marcus wrote:
> Am 25.07.2017 um 08:02 schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
>> The explicit URL was added by me since it was cumbersome to open
>> http://www.openoffice.org/tools/unowinreg_prebuild/680/ and
>> downloading the library manually.
> I've seen that it is part of the build script
> ("build_aoo64bit_on_centos5.sh", the 2nd IF clause from top). Do you
> mean this?

No, I mean the lines in configure.in that give the error:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/trunk/main/configure.in?r1=1490973&r2=1491054&pathrev=1491054&diff_format=h

(and this is also what Raphael was referring to).

>> we can't rely on wget being available (but we could rely on other
>> tools like the bootstrap script does).
> Sure we can rely on wget. If it's not avialable then building is not
> possible.

I'm not sure about this. Probably we can build on a system that has curl
but not wget, a fairly common case; and, if I recall correctly, Damjan
had ported the downloader so that it only relied on Java being available
(which is already a prerequisite for building, so it doesn't add any new
dependencies).

> ... moving into bootstrap would be indeed better.

I see that we currently fail at the configure step, so this would need
work there. I honestly think we have relied on the pre-built DLL for
several years, so the options for building it from sources (see
configure.in around the snippet above) should be documented better, or
handled differently.

Regards,
   Andrea.