openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: Products
Date Sat, 22 Jul 2017 19:56:53 GMT
On Sat, 22 Jul 2017 10:39:15 -0600
Linda Horn <lindajeanhorn@gmail.com> wrote:

> Not sure this is the correct email address for my question, but hopefully
> someone will be able to help.
>
> Does Apache Open Office have a product that resembles Microsoft Publisher
> or Adobe InDesign.
>
> Thank You
> Linda Horn
> South Central Section 99s

Strictly, no, but the formatting facilities in OpenOffice Writer allow much standard formatting
to be executed. Since changing to OpenOffice some ten years ago I have not needed to use either
PageMaker or InDesign for book formatting; I have in that time formatted about twenty full
length books, using standard book formatting; I have also formatted several booklets using
text and illustrations.

There will, however, be a learning curve.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>