openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: Reporting broken download link
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2016 09:43:07 GMT
Hi Bill,

As I understand from your screen shots and description, you are taken to the download site
sourceforge.net, but then nothing happens.
You click the “direct link” and still nothing happens, is that so?

What is supposed to happen is that download will start automatically and you should see the
progress in your browser.
Just tested here.

I’m not familiar with the Maxthon browser. Have you tried in another browser to see if it
works there?

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

> 25. apr. 2016 kl. 02.42 skrev Bill Lemmond <pastshelfdate@i-c.net>:
>
> My current version of Open Office told me a new update is available, so I've tried downloading
it, four times.  I've been careful to be sure my operating system (Windows) and language (US
English) are selected, along with the latest Open Office version (4.1.2).  I've tried the
main, simple download button,
> <OpnOffcDownloadBttn.PNG>
> repeatedly.  I tried the "direct" link,
> <OpnOffcDirctLink.PNG>
> and the link for choosing another mirror site.
>
> My browser, Maxthon, has a download manager that still won't respond.
>
> I had to wait an hour for Windows Explorer to search my whole laptop for the latest version.
 It could only find 4.1.0 and 4.1.1, in an Open Office sub-directory.

> At no point has a message popped up, saying the servers are too busy, with a suggestion
to try in a few days or weeks.  I won't be able to do that, anyway.  With my attention deficit
and other disabilities, I can only reliably remember daily and weekly routines.  This is neither.