openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][VOTE] Release Groovy UNO Extension 0.1.4
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2016 00:48:46 GMT

On 4/17/2016 4:27 PM, Carl Marcum wrote:
> On 04/15/2016 10:01 PM, Patricia Shanahan wrote:

>>> It doesn't need to find the jar you built.
>>>
>>> There is one pre-built from the RC and staged in Apache Nexus
>>> repository.
>>
>> I need to test the code I built before voting on the release. I think
>> the intent is that each PMC member casting a binding +1 vote knows the
>> supplied source code can be used to build a working version of the
>> software.
>>
>> "Before voting +1 PMC members are required to download the signed
>> source code package, compile it as provided, and test the resulting
>> executable on their own platform..."
>>
>> http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#approving-a-release
>>

> Hi Patricia,
>
> After going to Legal about this problem I got a great suggestion that
> requires running the test script once, thus downloading the staged
> release jar and setting up the local Groovy Ivy cache. Then build the
> test jar from the RC sources and replace the jar in the Ivy cache.
>
> Apologies in advance for the below instructions as I didn't have a lot
> of time this weekend. I should create a wiki page for this as it's kind
> of long.

I'll try to work with these instructions, and go on asking questions
whenever I get stuck. I have saved all the e-mails in this thread, and
in any case they are in the archive. I think we should aim for a
step-by-step Wiki page that may inspire another Windows-using PMC member
to attempt the build and test.