openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Carl Marcum <cmar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][VOTE] Release Groovy UNO Extension 0.1.4
Date Sat, 16 Apr 2016 03:16:15 GMT

> On 4/15/2016 6:52 PM, Carl Marcum wrote:
>> On 04/15/2016 09:21 PM, Patricia Shanahan wrote:
>>> Do I need to run it in any particular directory? How does it find the
>>> .jar I built?
>>>

>> It doesn't need to find the jar you built.
>>
>> There is one pre-built from the RC and staged in Apache Nexus
>> repository.
>
> I need to test the code I built before voting on the release. I think
> the intent is that each PMC member casting a binding +1 vote knows the
> supplied source code can be used to build a working version of the
> software.
>
> "Before voting +1 PMC members are required to download the signed
> source code package, compile it as provided, and test the resulting
> executable on their own platform..."
>
> http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#approving-a-release

Hi Patricia,

I'm going to need to research this testing requirement.

The issue is this artifact has to be pulled from the staging repository
or installed into a local Maven repository on your machine.

The Apache Maven project uses the staging repo in a similar fashion from
what I can tell so far. [1]

Since this is a library and not an executable I think it's okay but I'm
not 100% so it may take a few days to get some answers.

Thanks for helping.

[1] http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html