openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Cleanup needed for RESOLVED-FIXED issues
Date Sun, 10 Apr 2016 08:28:15 GMT
Am 04/09/2016 11:36 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:
> On Sat, Apr 9, 2016 at 3:01 AM, Marcus<marcus.mail@wtnet.de>  wrote:
>
>> Am 04/07/2016 12:43 AM, schrieb Kay Schenk:
>>
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> A warning -- unless you can see an SVN commit clearly
>>> stating that the fix has been ported to one of our existing
>>> releases, it may take a bit of investigation into the
>>> release branch area to determine this.
>>>
>>> release branch area--
>>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/branches/
>>>

>>> Our new resolution of FIXED_WITHOUT_CODE should result in
>>> CLOSING without any further investigation.
>>>
>>> Thoughts on undertaking this cleanup?
>>>

>> many issues are commented with "fixed in CMS xyz" but there are no real
>> commits visible. Not every CWS was committed into Trunk before the project
>> and software was transferred to Apache.​
>

>> So, do we have a list of outstanding CWS from 2011 that were not
>> transferred to Apache?
>>
>> Thanks
>

> ​As far as I know, NONE of the CWS (child workspaces) were ported when the
> project was brought into Apache.​

hm, I remember that some were integrated. But I'm not really sure. It's
too long ago. ;-)

@all:
Does anybody else remember a list of these CWS? Integrated or not? It
would be very helpful.

> ​ For a while, these were "available" somewhere, but that archive
> disappeared at some point, at least from its original location.

Too bad.

> ​ also believe looking at the activity when OpenOffice was brought in the
> ASF, that some of this code may have been committed to /trunk by
> individuals, but the spaces where not merged in their entirety. ​
> Generally, these kinds of changes you find referenced in BZ may as well be
> considered OBSOLETE I guess.

Knowing which CWS was integrated and which not is important to set the
correct status. If the fix was never committed into Trunk then OBSOLETE
seems not the right thing as the issue may still be occurring.

> You're doing a considerable job on all this byt the way! :) Thanks.

:-)

Marcus