openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Carl Marcum <cmar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][VOTE] Release Groovy UNO Extension 0.1.4
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2016 10:27:43 GMT
> I think you will get more votes with more instructions.
>
> I've never done a gradle build, and have no idea how to do one. I'm
> sure I could find out, but that is going to take time.

Hi Patricia,

On Linux I usually use SDKMAN to manage my Gradle, Groovy, etc.
It's an environment manager for that includes Gradle support.
You can download it here:
http://sdkman.io/
or use curl:
|curl -s http://get.sdkman.io | bash

There is also a Windows powershell version but I haven't used it.

Usage page is here:
http://sdkman.io/usage.html

If you don't go that route you can get Gradle here:
http://gradle.org/gradle-download/

Once you have it installed you can build the project with 'gradle jar'

Also 'gradle clean' removes the build artifacts.

The jar task will run clean during a build anyway.

More info about the Groovy UNO is on our wiki:
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Groovy_UNO_Extension

I'll be back online this evening EST.

Thanks,
Carl