openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Financial help for attending ApacheCon NA
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2016 06:56:13 GMT
Just to make sure that nobody is going to miss ApacheCon NA for purely
financial reasons, I'm proposing, subject to lazy consensus, that we
allow OpenOffice PMC members (and other people actively involved in the
project) to request on this list a contribution of up to 500$ USD to
attend ApacheCon NA, as I suggested a few weeks ago. I don't have the
numbers, but we surely have coverage.

I'm not going to be there so I can take care of all necessary paperwork
with the ASF Treasurer, but unlike the other times (when I did do all
paperwork and in the end nobody asked for reimbursement) I will do it
only if someone is interested. I don't expect major issues, but we can
then approve the individual requests by lazy consensus too (the current
one is a preliminary step, to allow people to REQUEST a contribution).

The conference fee will increase in a few days. Still, it is well-known
that people can find ways to attend the conference for free or almost
for free by volunteering with day-to-day task for example; Rich Bowen is
the man you should contact if interested.

A project presence at ApacheCon is important not so much for the
sessions, but to be in touch with Apache at large. Especially, the Infra
team is a key player and at the moment we have a lot of pending actions
on their side that a face-to-face meeting at ApacheCon could help speed up.

Regards,
   Andrea.