openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Background colour for OO Comments
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2016 07:51:51 GMT

Comments applied to text in OpenOffice take different background colours depending on the
author of the comment.  Presumably OO makes some analysis of the Author of the comment and
modifies the background colour applied to that comment in light of that analysis.  Would someone
familiar with the code kindly point me to the code for the mechanism, or better still, quote
the (hopefully small) section of code responsible?

I am working on a modification to AnnotationTool extension
http://en.ooo-info.org/documentation/annotation_tool.html
to suit my document composition and revision methods.  I regularly flag locations in a document
with a Comment indicating the revision to be applied there.  All such Comments have the same
colour background which means Comments for different purposes are all visually identical.

I am modifying the above extension so I can insert Comments into a document, indicating what
revision/review is required at that location (selected from a small list of predefined choices,
such as Check, Revise, Source?, Date?...) and each comment in one of those predefined choices
shows in a different background colour, making review of them very straightforward.  Knowledge
of the mechanism for allocation of background code to Comments may be helpful.

I hope to have a first release of this later this week.

Aside: I have noticed an anomaly in subscribing to the dev ML. I have sent this message several
times from my standard email account and it has not come through to the dev ML, although my
replies to queries on the dev list come through immediately.  So I am hijacking an existing
thread (changing subject, of course) to see if this version of my query will come through.
Apologies for any duplication or odd threading.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>