openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Debug on Windows
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2016 18:18:15 GMT
On 3/14/2016 10:49 AM, Oliver Brinzing wrote:
> Hi Patricia,
>
>> Has anyone nailed getting e.g. windbg running with AOO on Windows? If so, I have
some questions.

> better try with vs 2013 community edition 😉
> I remember I had a lot of trouble with windbg.

Thanks for the tip - it does work better than windbg.

However, I seem to have a problem with it not loading all the symbols,
so I cannot set a breakpoint where I want.

My general procedure is to build AOO with configure parameter
--enable-symbols. I unzip the archive version, copy soffice.bin, and
rename the copy sofficebin.exe.

In Visual Studio, I do File-Open-Project/Solution and select my
sofficebin.exe. It seems to do some symbol loading, but not the module I
want.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Patricia