openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject OpenOffice 4.1.2-RC1 available for testing
Date Sat, 03 Oct 2015 22:36:04 GMT
We have the first Release Candidate of OpenOffice 4.1.2 available for
testing. So it's time to get serious with tests. We'll run tests for at
least a full week as agreed.

Note: we will not vote on this Release Candidate. But it should be
widely used for tests. Volunteers are recommended to install it and
check both common usage and the specific bugfixes.

Builds are available at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openoffice/4.1.2-rc1-r1705606/binaries/

Once you choose the language, the filename should be rather clear. The
English version for Windows, for example, is at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openoffice/4.1.2-rc1-r1705606/binaries/en-US/Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.2_Win_x86_install_en-US.exe

How to help: use this link provided by Kay (you may need a Bugzilla
account; just ask in case)

https://bz.apache.org/ooo/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=dorem&remaction=run&namedcmd=4.1.2_approved_and_fixed&sharer_id=7

and you will find a list of fixes. Pick one that is set as "RESOLVED
FIXED". Verify (with the RC1) that the bug is indeed fixed, and mark it
as VERIFIED. Ask on the list (dev or qa, depending on where you see
this; qa preferred) if you need assistance.

Known issue: Linux 64-bit builds in DEB format are missing. We will
recover them as soon as possible. On the other hand, this week's
optimizations will allow much faster and direct uploads in future.

Special thanks go to Juergen and Herbert for assistance and guidance,
and to Infra for a lot of technical help.

Regards,
   Andrea.