openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Julia Heitz <heitz.ju...@web.de>
Subject presets of Writer
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2014 22:59:22 GMT
Dear Open Office Team,
I hope you're doing amazing! I’m a huge fan and avid user of your software.
Currently I am working on my bachelor paper which discusses sustainability in typography.

The reason I am contacting you is following:
I am particularly interested in the typographical presets of Writer. This subject-matter will
be a part of my bachelor paper. I’d appreciate if you could spare 5 minutes of your schedule
to give me a couple of answers.

Why is Times New Roman set as the default font and why as point 12?
Why are the line spacings available in predefined steps (1, 1.5, 2.0) and not in point sizes?

And why are the borders defined they way they are?
Have the standard settings changed in recent versions of Writer?

I would deeply appreciate an answer. This will be very beneficial to achieving my bachelor
degree.
Thanks for your support!

Cheers & all the best,
Julia from Germany