openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Steele, Raymond" <raymond.ste...@lmco.com>
Subject RE: EXTERNAL: Re: Macro Security Button
Date Sat, 14 Jun 2014 00:39:05 GMT
Thanks. Is coinMP and Hunspell needed for security features?

-----Original Message-----
From: Herbert Duerr [mailto:hdu@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2014 2:50 AM
To: dev@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: Re: EXTERNAL: Re: Macro Security Button

Hi Raymond,

On 12.06.2014 17:39, Steele, Raymond wrote:
> I am just trying to set ENABLE_NSS_MODULE=YES.I thought enabling category-b would do
this, but that does not seem to be the case. How does one go about enabling the security macros
button? I thought it was by enabling NSS and category-b, but that does not seem to work. I
could manually force it , or change the configure script, but that does not seem to be the
correct solution.

According to main/configure.in line 330 the nss module is enabled by default. It gets disabled
though in line 1422 of the same file unless category-b licensed code is explicitly enabled.
This is so for policy reasons, see [1] for details.

So if you enabled category-b licensed code and didn't disable nss, then nss should be enabled.
If this isn't so please check and eventually update your system's autoconf tool. If that doesn't
help then enabling the ENABLE_NSS_MODULE option by force may be the fastest solution.

[1] http://markmail.org/thread/erh6leykxwygio2k

Herbert