openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <and...@pitonyak.org>
Subject Re: Code snippets from oooforum in AOO website?
Date Sat, 28 Jun 2014 17:08:14 GMT

On 06/28/2014 10:21 AM, jan i wrote:
> On 28 June 2014 14:58, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:

>>> Why do you need to hear from Ed before you mirror the data. ... I
>>>
>>> did send an email to all of the email accounts that I have for him. If
>>> he does not respond to that, I will give him a call. When I googled him
>>> based on name and phone number, I found an obituary that matches
>>>
>> I wasn't considering the possibility of such a sad and tragic event, I
>> really hope it's another person too. In any case, the site is still
>> unresponsive/unusable. If we can get, in some way, the oooforum.org
>> domain transferred to Apache, and a full backup of the content (the
>> database and the phpbb code, with all mods applied), we can probably move
>> that forum to Apache with no legal worries (and then we'd use it as an
>> archive only, and transition users to the official forum).
>>
>> Otherwise, everything will be gone in 5 months when oooforum.org expires,
>> if nobody is going to renew it.
>>
> Just because the dns name expires the site remains active, adressable by ip
> addr.
>
> Getting a domain transferred needs a signature from the current domain
> owner, whereas we can sign up for it now, and when it becomes available in
> 5 month we automatically get it.
>
> The site itself might expire long before that, I cannot find public records
> about when that is due.
>
> rgds
> jan I
If you have a handle on how to sign up now, I am more than happy to do
that, and I am ready to pay for it. If I do that, however, I would
prefer to not have it floating in my name. I mean, I don't care if my
name is attached to it, but, I would prefer if that sort of thing were
transferred over to the project and I don't mind using my money to get
it there.

If you have a feeling for how I can make that happen, let me know. If
details not germane to the list need to be discussed, feel free to drop
me a direct email.

--
Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php