openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Changes to download areas of native language web sites...and more to come?
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2014 05:58:25 GMT
Kay Schenk wrote:
> After noticing this change, some of these areas were recently retooled by
> volunteers, but most had lost the download box generated by the old
> download scripting. The areas which were affected were the following native
> language sites: cs, de, es, fr, gl, he, nl, pt, pt-br, sk, tr, zh-cn.

We had most languages reviewed and fixed within 24 hours on the l10n
list. This is quite impressive. Having placeholders helped a lot. Still,
those where we still have unreviewed Google translations in a few days
should maybe be changed back to English, to avoid the "scam site" effect
(machine translation) and avoid the risk to confuse visitors about the
fact that this is the official download site.

Regards,
   Andrea.