openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Herbert Duerr <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: EXTERNAL: Re: Macro Security Button
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2014 09:49:54 GMT
Hi Raymond,

On 12.06.2014 17:39, Steele, Raymond wrote:
> I am just trying to set ENABLE_NSS_MODULE=YES.I thought enabling category-b would do
this, but that does not seem to be the case. How does one go about enabling the security macros
button? I thought it was by enabling NSS and category-b, but that does not seem to work. I
could manually force it , or change the configure script, but that does not seem to be the
correct solution.

According to main/configure.in line 330 the nss module is enabled by
default. It gets disabled though in line 1422 of the same file unless
category-b licensed code is explicitly enabled. This is so for policy
reasons, see [1] for details.

So if you enabled category-b licensed code and didn't disable nss, then
nss should be enabled. If this isn't so please check and eventually
update your system's autoconf tool. If that doesn't help then enabling
the ENABLE_NSS_MODULE option by force may be the fastest solution.

[1] http://markmail.org/thread/erh6leykxwygio2k

Herbert