openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: Portuguese download broken
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2014 22:30:08 GMT
Am 06/11/2014 07:51 PM, schrieb Marcus (OOo):
> Am 06/11/2014 01:23 AM, schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
>> Marcus (OOo) wrote:
>
>> The most difficult part is that one just wants to localize the page, but
>> still there's a lot of JavaScript around. From a maintenance point of
>
> ... this is a totally different topic. ;-)
>
>> view, I would prefer to have a "createDownloadDiv(var strings)" function
>> that takes an array of all strings needed to build the localized div and
>> returns the div markup. This would simplify a translator's work, since
>> they would only have to translate a long but understandable function
>> call. If this is unclear I can make an example. And this would also
>> guarantee that we can adjust it more easily.

I've completed the separation of code and strings in the "index.html"
file [1] - except for the "noscript" section.

IMHO there is no longer a need to create a "createDownloadDiv()"
function to create the green box in localized "index.html" files from an
external JavaScript file. Otherwise the complete file would be included
in the separate file and the "index.html" would contain (more or less)
just the function call. ;-)

[1] http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/index.html

Marcus