openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <and...@pitonyak.org>
Subject Re: Code snippets from oooforum in AOO website?
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2014 00:13:58 GMT
On 06/01/2014 05:51 PM, Regina Henschel wrote:
> Hi Hagar,
>
> Hagar Delest schrieb:
>> Le 01/06/2014 16:51, Rob Weir a écrit :
>>> Is it possible to approach the operator of oooforum.org and discuss
>>> this?  If he is no longer interested in maintaining that website,
>>> maybe he would agree to working with us to transfer the content,
>>> giving us permission?  Maybe even transferring the domain name?
>>
>> Then we are at a dead end...
>> We already had this kind of discussion in November 2011. Since I doubt
>> we can reach Ed, this is a lost cause.
>
> Have you already tried to contact Edward Buck?
>
>> I tried to get the terms of use but oooforum cannot be reached anymore.
>
> Kind regards
> Regina

Historically, Ed did return my email, but he has not answered my last post.

I am not aware of any claim (ever) of copyright (or similar) on the
material after it had been posted. Off hand, I would say that if that
were an issue, then there would be a problem with other archive sites
for the same material... I do have his cell phone number (assuming he
has not changed it). I called him once a few years back. I figure that
if he does not respond to my email, however, that he simply does not
want to talk about it. My opinion is that if you have a copy, you should
simply use it.

--
Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php