openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
Subject [EXTENSIONS]: update NetBeans plugin
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2014 14:54:16 GMT
Hi,

I have checked the AOO API plugin for NetBeans, especially NB 8 together
with AOO 4.1.0. Some changes were necessary to make it working and more
changes to replace deprecated APIs ;-) For now it work on MacOS and will
do some further tests on Linux and Windows. As far as I have finished
this I will provide a plugin for testing.

Maybe there are some volunteers interested to work on further
improvements in this area. Or start working on a similar plugin for
Eclipse. Some time ago we did some research and evaluation on Eclipse
which was very promising. I believe Oliver is already using the Eclipse
IDe for basic editing and makes heavy use of the search/replace/refactor
features. The problem is as always the time factor. I believe such a
project can be really fun and could help us a lot.

Anyway if somebody is interested we are here to help and can support
where possible ;-) But as mentioned earlier our main focus in the future
is on OOXML.

Juergen