openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <and...@pitonyak.org>
Subject Re: Code snippets from oooforum in AOO website?
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2014 05:09:41 GMT
On 06/01/2014 06:19 AM, Hagar Delest wrote:
> The spammers were so successful at www.oooforum.org that it is not
> responsive for several days now (much more than little outages we have
> been used to in the past). So it seems that the forum is dead.

It seems so. It has been the case for a very long time now. For a while,
I was able to get in every now and then to lock out some of the more
aggressive spammers who had hundreds of spam posts, but, it was a losing
battle without the actual admin doing something to stop it.

> We had talked about that in the EN forum and we had made a backup of
> the content, especially the code snippets. A possibility would be to
> make a dedicated support section in the AOO website and to have one
> page per topic.

How recent is your backup? I pulled a backup  a while back (august 2013)
that I stored on an 'archival' drive, but, I lost it when I rebuilt my
computer (more specifically, I did not move the copy onto the new
machine and I just wiped the drive two weeks ago and did not think to
copy that off first).  I am attempting to pull a copy now, will see if
it works now that the site is hammered and seems to rarely respond.

> I take that since forums are public, as long as the author of each
> post is kept, there is no problem putting the content online in the
> AOO website.
> Thoughts?
>
> If no objection, do we need to file a JIRA ticket?

I would be very pleased if you would be able to do this. Let me know if
I am able to help somehow.

> Hagar

Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php