openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [HOMEPAGE] Limited the height of the area for blog posts and news
Date Sun, 01 Jun 2014 07:53:46 GMT
Am 06/01/2014 09:44 AM, schrieb Tal Daniel:
> On Fri, May 30, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
>
>> http://www.openoffice.org/index.html
>>
>> There was always the complain from some of you that the blog posts and
>> news articles on the right hand side are too long and the user has to
>> scroll too long to the bottom to see everything.
>>
>> Now I've limited this. [...]
>>
>> Marcus, personally, I don't think that replacing 1 scolling of content
> with 2 scrolling content areas solve anything; it makes reading only harder.

I just wanted to help in this special topic. Of course it's not perfect
and a lot could be improved. But this was not my intention. I got an
idea how to limit the area and tried it.

> As an alternative solution I suggest that in the future, blog posts would
> be limited to the latest 2-3 blog posts, or moved to the area below the
> main page buttons.

IMHO this wouldn't help as you assume that everybody is knowing and
following this "rule". Until today this hasn't helped for the past addings.

> If you still want to use the content boxes that you created, I'd move the
> titles OUT of the boxed areas (i.e. Recent news), add space between the
> boxes.

Good idea. Feel free to try it yourself. :-)

Marcus