openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: Reporting a problem with the OpenOffice website
Date Sun, 08 Jun 2014 06:28:14 GMT
On Sat, 7 Jun 2014 20:07:59 -0400 (EDT)
CarolBMus@aol.com wrote:

> Hello!
>     I have recently successfully downloaded the Apache  OpenOffice 4.1.0
> software on my new computer. Tonight, however, I went back to  the web site to
> download it on my old computer (Windows XP) and the "selection"  boxes are
> empty preventing me from doing so.
>     Would you please check this out and get back to me  as to the
> resolution? I would greatly appreciate it since I'm trying to transfer  my documents

> from one computer to the other and need to recreate them in order  to do so.
> (i.e., my documents are in Word Perfect)
>
> Thank you very much!
> Carol B.

The selection boxes should not prevent you downloading a version. If your computers are running
Windows (or have the same operating system) you can transfer the downloaded installation file
from one to the other and install it there.

If your documents are in WordPerfect format, you can transfer them to OpenOffice format (.ODF/.odt)
using a free service such as www.zamzar.com. OpenOffice 4.1 will not read WordPerfect format,
but the transfers via zamzar will open, although, as with all transfers, they may need some
fine tweaking.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>