openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schmidt <joe...@j-m-schmidt.de>
Subject Re: Insert new page into the wiki
Date Sat, 01 Jun 2013 15:33:12 GMT
> From: Rob Weir [mailto:rabastus@gmail.com]

> <joesch@j-m-schmidt.de> wrote:
> > Maybe I can make it clear that I have not against a
> discussion on the wiki, and I understand just how Apache
> works, but sometimes it is necessary and helpful when
> insiders give clear instructions.
> > For me, this is _not_ an expression of patronizing, but
> from concrete help, at least in the cases where you ask for it.
> >

> But in some cases (like this one) there is no one "right" answer. We
> have multiple wikis and they are both actively used.   I'm sure as
> individuals we all might have our preferences.  So you might want
> "clear instructions"

Yes, I have "clear instractions" said, but I did not mean this exact translation of "clear
instractions", because it is very clear for me that it comes to opinions or preferences of
individuals (at least in the cases where there are no fixed rules are)

> but all you will really get are personal
> opinions, and these will vary.  There is nothing wrong with that.

That is absolutly clear for me, for example because I've worked 8 years in the OOo-community.

On the other hand, it is not a general rule, for example, in cases where the majority of Community
does not agree, no one can insist on his personal decision - I think.

> As
> they say, when you have a choice, take it.

I can perceive a chance only if I know the various choices at all.
I think, moreover, that it is not a bad choice to listen to the personal Preferenz an experienced
community member, rather than make himself a less good decision. (not always, but sometimes)

Greetings,
Jörg