openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE][DISCUSS] Logo selection for Apache OpenOffice 4.0
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2013 22:35:20 GMT
Staring a [VOTE][DISCUSS] thread parallel to the [VOTE] thread.

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 6:12 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com> wrote:

.
.
.

> My comments with some very preliminary testing: the VERY LIGHT gray
> "Apache" in any form doesn't scale well going smaller.  The very thin
> letters also don't scale well going smaller.

How did you scale the image?  By resizing the PNG file?  If so that
probably doesn't give the optimal quality.  If we resize from the SVG
source, and if the SVG references a vector font with "hinting", then
it is possible that the text will be clearer at smaller sizes.  In
theory that should help with the letter scaling.  Not sure about the
light gray.

-Rob