openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: updates.openoffice.org
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2013 12:27:42 GMT
On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 8:11 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
<orwittmann@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> On 03.06.2013 13:50, janI wrote:
>>
>> On 3 June 2013 11:43, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
>> <orwittmann@googlemail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,

>>> My understandings of the communication with infra is that
>>> ^/openoffice/updates-site/**trunk/
>>> should be created for holding the needed application update data for AOO
>>> 4.0 and later.
>>>
>>> I am not sure, if my understanding is correct.
>>> Thus, please let us clarify it.
>>>

>>> Just for your information - the locations for the released versions are:
>>> - ^/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk/**content/projects/update/**aoo341/ used by
>>> UpdateURL http://www.openoffice.org/**projects/update/aoo341/check.**
>>> Update <http://www.openoffice.org/projects/update/aoo341/check.Update>for
>>> AOO 3.4.1
>>> - ^/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk/**content/projects/update38/ used by
>>> UpdateURL http://update38.services.**openoffice.org/**
>>>
>>> ProductUpdateService/check.**Update<http://update38.services.openoffice.org/ProductUpdateService/check.Update>for
>>> AOO 3.4
>>> - ^/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk/**content/projects/update36/ used by
>>> UpdateURL http://update36.services.**openoffice.org/**
>>>
>>> ProductUpdateService/check.**Update<http://update36.services.openoffice.org/ProductUpdateService/check.Update>for
>>> OOo 3.3
>>> - ^/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk/**content/projects/update35/ used by
>>> UpdateURL http://update35.services.**openoffice.org/**
>>>
>>> ProductUpdateService/check.**Update<http://update35.services.openoffice.org/ProductUpdateService/check.Update>for
>>> OOo 3.2.1
>>> - ^/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk/**content/projects/update34/ used by
>>> UpdateURL http://update34.services.**openoffice.org/**
>>>
>>> ProductUpdateService/check.**Update<http://update34.services.openoffice.org/ProductUpdateService/check.Update>for
>>> OOo 3.2
>>>

>> Using that we should make
>> ^/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk/content/projects/update40/
>>   and have updates.o.o point at that.
>

> We have already ^/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk/content/projects/aoo40/ for
> current AOO 4.0 trunk builds - as stated in the communication with infra.
>
> I am currently very confused.
> Infra is telling "create ^/openoffice/updates-site/trunk/"
> Jan is proposing "^/openoffice/trunk/ooo-site/upates/"
> We already have "^/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk/content/projects/aoo40/"
>
> If we can use whatever location for URL https://updates.openoffice.org/, why
> does we had a discussion on a new location?

I think the concern is this:

1) We want SSL for 4.0.  http://update.openoffice.org is not HTTPS.

2) The URL https://ooo-site.openoffice.apache.org supports SSL, but is
not considered "long term stable".  The URL is an artifact of the CMS

3) We're looking for a stable URL.  One could be
https://updates.openoffice.org, but that requires an SSL cert for
*.openoffice.org.  But will that be supported in time for the AOO 4.0
release?

4) Backup plan is updates.openoffice.apache.org, which could be
supported via SSL today, using the *.apache.org cert.  If we do that
we'd want to map that to its own CMS dir in SVN. so it can be updated
and published via the CMS.

-Rob