openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Next steps for AOO 4.0 Logo Selection
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2013 14:34:31 GMT
On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 11:32 AM, David Gerard <dgerard@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 28 May 2013 18:12, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
>
>> It never occurred to me that those were flying books.  Taking another look, it still
doesn't work.  If made more obviously as books, I'm not sure how that will occur as indicative
of an office productivity suite.  (I have no idea how birds in flight do that either, but
it is probably better to avoid trying for a literal connection.)

> Slightly tangential historical question, if anyone here remembers
> authoritatively:
>
> What was the origin of the OpenOffice.org gull motif, way back when?
>
> Is (or was) this documented anywhere?

The archives from the OpenOffice.org mailing lists are here:

http://openoffice.markmail.org

If you search for "gulls" you get first mention back in 2001.  But the
conversation sounds like it is already a familiar idea by that point
in time.

-Rob