openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From janI <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: updates.openoffice.org
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2013 15:50:02 GMT
On 5 June 2013 17:43, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 11:34 AM, janI <jani@apache.org> wrote:

> orwittmann@googlemail.com

> >> things.

> (
> >> https://ooo-updates.openoffice.org/>as the backup) as the URL for the
> >> resources accessed by the update

> update

> resources

> >> the
> line,
> >> in

> >> and
> accessed
> >> by
> >> locations,
> >> the

> and

> >> be

> hours,
> >> it
> >> >

> >> An extra step will be needed.  Presumably we want the Apache CMS
> >> enabled so it publishes files from the SVN dir to the website dir.
> >> This doesn't happen automatically.
> >>

> > that is not only an extra step, that can turn out to be a bigger
> challenge.
> > Having CMS enabled
> > is a very valid request, but then please choose a location inside the
> > web-site where CMS is already enabled.
> >

> We already have two separate CMS publish targets from our SVN:  /site
> (openoffice.apache.org) and /ooo-site (www.openoffice.org).  Having a
> third one should not be a problem.  I'd like to avoid the complexity
> that would occur if we had the same SVN dir connected to two different
> CMS targets.

of course it can be done its software, its just more work and more admin
afterward.

You would not have one svn dir connected to two different cms targets if
target dir is inside www.openoffice.org (which is what I suggested).

updates.openoffice.org is logically just a pointer, and would normally
point inside the www domain (that is the simple solution), but can point
outside the www domain (which requires changes to httpd.conf, and an extra
cms setup).

rgds
jan I.

> -Rob