openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Kadal Amutham <vka...@apache.org>
Subject Pre-requisite for Tamil Version of AOO 4.0
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2013 17:15:28 GMT
Today I downloaded AOO-TA and installed under Windows XP. Tamil text were
not displayed properly and I could not type in Tamil word. Then I reported
this in Bugzilla and I got back immediate reply, there is some thing wrong
in the OS. Check it. Then, I downloaded, a small package from Google,
installed as per the instruction and now I am able to type.

Google offers phonetic typing. For example I want to type my name in Tamil,
I have to press the following keys
 kadal

If I want to type as per the Tamil keyboard, then I have to type the
following keys

fly

With out these pre-requisites, AOO-TA can not be used.

My suggestion is , while installing AOO, there should be a screen telling
about this prerequisite and providing required links, so that they can
install the same and use AOO-TA