openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Le Grand <Armin.Le.Gr...@me.com>
Subject Re: Draw, make some changes to gradients
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2013 17:29:35 GMT
     Hi bugreporter99,

On 13.06.2013 18:48, bugreporter99@hushmail.com wrote:
> hey,
>
>> In Ellipsoid and Rectangular (play with it) the center of the
> gradient
>> gets to a line. There is no linear transformation to map this to SVG
>> gradients. Anyways there is no mapping to Rectangluar at all.
> Was trying to cheat but seems not to work the way I want it to look
> like.
> For the rectangular gradient I tried to  use three instead of two
> colors, so to imitate a black to white gradient(the old school way) I
> just used a black to white to black gradient (SVGgradient). Just kind
> of "mirror" the colors at the middle line/color.
>   http://i39.tinypic.com/302ctw9.png
> the ellepsoid es even harder to imitate

Yes, but that's the 'Axial' type, not too hard and doable as you
describe. To make it clear, here is how to find all six types:

- start impress
- press 'Area' button in the 'Line and Filling' Toolbar (the can in the
upper toolbar)
- You get the area dialog
- There, select the tab 'Gradients'
- Play with Type, you have six kinds of gradients
- Also play with the other values, lots of things to do here...

The types 'Linear' and 'Axial' are simple.
The type 'Radial' is simple.
The type 'Ellipsoid is *not* simple, put 50% in CenterY and CenterY to
see that is has no single *center*.
The types 'Square' and 'Rectangular' have similar problems, plus that
they are based on rectangles, not available in SVG

- close the dialog
- create a rectangle, keep it selected
- open the dialog again
- in the 'Area' tab, select 'Gradient' in the Fill DropDown
- Choose any gradient
- At 'Increments' at the right, switch off 'Automatic' and choose a
small value (e.g. three)

->No way to do that with SVG.

Hope this gets clearer now. If you find ways to map these to SVG stuff,
tell me, I will be happy.

BTW: Didi you commit some tasks in bugzilla for SVG import recently? If
yes, thanks for that, I will look asap ;-)

Sincerely,
     Armin