openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RELEASE][TRANSLATION]: changes to the README file for 4.0
Date Sat, 08 Jun 2013 19:46:14 GMT
On 01/06/2013 Rob Weir wrote:
> Crazy idea. What if we just made a sub domain for each release?  Or
> equivalently a path under  ooo-site.  Then we could have hard-coded
> standard paths in the code and other systems like:
> www.openoffice.org/release/<version>/README
> Could also do LICENSE, release notes, even the update notification XML files

Sounds like a very good idea. I'm not sure we will be able to implement
it in time for OpenOffice 4 (translations get in the way), but it could
be setup with some basic information already for version 4 (and, if the
hard-coded URLs in version 4 are different and cannot be changed at this
stage, we could redirect them appropriately).

Regards,
   Andrea.