openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [AOO 4.0]: migration of AOO 3.4.x/OOo 3.x user profile data - help needed
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2013 22:06:53 GMT
Hagar Delest wrote:
> NB: has a communication been made to the extension authors asking them
> to update their extension with the detailed changes to be made?
> What is the idea for the moment? Hope that they will do that by
> themselves because they certainly monitor the dev mailing list?

This is very important and it shows that indeed there are tasks that can
only be done through cooperation.

Only a few people have clear ideas on what exactly is changing in
OpenOffice 4 regarding extensions: so, those with this knowledge, please
start a wiki page named "Upgrading your extensions for OpenOffice 4" or
something like that.

Then, once that page is started, other community members can take over,
point extensions authors to that page, we can ask to e-mail authors, we
can refer users to that page, some extension authors will comment and
improve the resource... but we need this to be started with something
that is more descriptive than a list of Bugzilla issues. Developers
needn't do everything, but the project needs them to start a
documentation effort that can then be managed by others.

Regards,
   Andrea.