openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Hagar Delest <hagar.del...@laposte.net>
Subject Re: [AOO 4.0]: migration of AOO 3.4.x/OOo 3.x user profile data - help needed
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2013 21:28:46 GMT
Le 04/06/2013 22:47, Juergen Schmidt a écrit :
> Well I am getting tired to repeat this again and again. Nobody should expect that others
do what's necessary, Just do it yourself -> it's a community project.
That's the problem. It seems there are different levels of understanding for the "community".

You tend to think that there is a huge community backing AOO and ready to jump into the code
and other areas.
I think that the reality is quite different: there is a huge base of users. But only users;
wanting the application to work without having to put the hands inside.

Let's face it: there are very few with dev skills; so you can't tell "just do it". What if
we can't do it? Just shut up?
If we shut up, nobody else will care about the users.

Hagar