openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: glosary/terminology files in pootle
Date Sun, 02 Jun 2013 13:37:19 GMT
On 31/05/2013 J├╝rgen Schmidt wrote:
> On 5/31/13 12:34 PM, janI wrote:
>> My suggestion is clear: add terminology, and request the reveiw function to
>> be used (meaning that a language need to have passed the review, and
>> warnings have been controlled, in order to be released).
> A good idea and we should indeed work towards such a review process. I
> learned today how difficult it can be to translate some specific things.

Adding terminology seems fine, of course. Requiring the review step is
in principle OK for me too, but I wonder how it will work for languages
where we don't have native speakers as committers: does it require that
strings are explicitly marked as reviewed, or is it enough to ask
volunteers to check the warnings generated by Pootle and then send a
note to the l10n list saying that they have considered/ignored warnings
appropriately?

Regards,
   Andrea.