openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From janI <j...@apache.org>
Subject Statistic over committer activity.
Date Wed, 08 May 2013 21:03:30 GMT
Hi.

I have done an analysis of our svn tree (trunk, ooo-site.....), and would
like to share the results with the community.

I counted the committer/revisions (NOT files) made over different periods
of time:

The last 2 years, 80 committers have been active.
- top five was: arist, robweir, kschenk, hdu, alg
The last year, 58 committers have been active.
- top five was: robweir, hdu, arielch, alg, jani
This year, 26 committers have been active.
- top five was: jani, hdu, robweir, alg, paveljanik

The top five list is only for fun, some of us commit single files, others
bunch of files in a single release, so it tells nothing about the real
activity.

If we look at committers with a regularity (at least 1 commit pr month)
figures get different:
The last 2 years, 37 committers have been regulary active.
The last year, 38 committers have been regulary active.
This year, 18 committers have been regulary active.

For interested details are available as:
      people.apache.org/~jani/topCommit6mdr.txt
      people.apache.org/~jani/topCommit1year.txt
      people.apache.org/~jani/topCommit2year.txt

Considering that we are now heavely preparing for the 4.0 release, I would
have expected the opposite pattern (more committers today).

It is always dangerous to interpret numbers, but I think it is save to say,
we need to work harder (rob have already done a lot) to attract active
members.

Rgds
Jan I.