openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From janI <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New branch rejuvenate01
Date Wed, 08 May 2013 19:30:45 GMT
On 8 May 2013 21:20, Herbert Dürr <hdu@apache.org> wrote:

> On 2013/05/08 8:25 PM, janI wrote:
>
>> On 8 May 2013 20:16, Herbert Dürr <hdu@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> I'd like to point to the new branch named "rejuvenate01" for advancing
>>> AOO's platform support. The main focus is the upgrade of our codebase.
>>> E.g.
>>> the MacOSX platform support had nearly stagnated since 2007 and thus even
>>> getting the build requirements right on a current Mac was becoming very
>>> very difficult and with the rejuvenation it should not only work out of
>>> the
>>> box, but make leaps ahead.
>>>

>> This is very interesting....may I come with one small suggestion...I do
>> understand your choice of branch name, but it would be nice if the name
>> reflected the work being done...that makes it easier to identify and later
>> to find (if needed) once reintegrated.
>>

> I agree, but since a lot of this stuff had co-dependencies (e.g. 64bit JRE
> -> 64bit UNO -> XCode4 -> clang -> allows C++11 -> no-stlport4 and XCode4
> -> newer SDK) it wasn't easy to come up with a name that covered the
> different aspects. "Platform refresh 2013" and "rejuvenate" were the only
> ones that came to my little mind. Maybe I should have asked around more for
> better ideas. In my defense I mentioned the name "pr2013" as a suggestion
> for the branch in my 2013/04/09 mail on the XCode4 topic and nobody
> complained or had a better idea then.
>
> You are right with that lot of changes "rejuvenate" is quite precise (now
I just start wondering what rejuvenate02 is going to contain)

I have one technical question, how come you can change so easily to STL,
when it took LO many volunteers to do it, or did I misunderstand something ?

>  If you need help with testing on ubuntu 12.04 I will be happy to assist.
>>

> Thanks! I'm afraid the configure scripts for this target platform are not
> yet fully in shape for direct building and testing... but as far as I know
> you that doesn't scare you away in the least :-)

I will do "svn co" and have a look in the weekend, when you are finished
overflowing my cvs mail box :-)

I really look forward to dive into your work, it is the most interesting
happening (for me), while I have been around.

I assume your target is 4.1 ?

have a nice evening.
jan I.