openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: I would like to sell open office cd's on eBay.
Date Sat, 19 Jan 2013 17:15:26 GMT
On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 10:50 AM, Tristan Arthur <cscslabour@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I would like to sell open office cd's on eBay.
>
> I don't have an advert yet but can get one.
>

> Please let me know if I am allowed to offer the product.

Hi Tristan,

The license permits you to redistribute OpenOffice, including by
selling it.  But commercial use of the Apache or OpenOffice
trademarks, including the logos, requires explicit permission.

See:

http://openoffice.apache.org/trademarks.html

and

http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/

I recommend getting the latest version of Apache OpenOffice from
http://www.openoffice.org/download.   If you are interested in selling
the translated versions as well, there will be a release with
additional languages soon.  If you subscribe to our Announcements
mailing list you will receive notification when this happens: