openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Fan Zheng <zheng.easy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How does the SW module works?
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2013 14:17:45 GMT
HI, Linhary:

So glad to see new face in AOO, especially in SW, which is the most complex
stuff.

And you have made great achievement already that make a successful build. I
was blocked on it for
several days!

Yes, inside the AOO SW, there are no WinMain stuff, for it is only a part
of whole application, as an instance
of the sub-module inside the framework. And also you are right, the codes
is pretty large. Here I suggest you start
some reading on the technical WIKI pages before the REAL coding work. Here
is the links:
wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Writer
Inside the main entry of SW, there are lots of detailed technical documents
given by experienced developers of SW, which are definitely helpful for
new volunteers.

After reading the documents, I suggest you do some experiment on a debug
build, for example the SwDoc class construction process or the command
execution inside the SwDocShell.

Welcome again, and feel free to ask any question about SW here at any time.