openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Adapt the naming of our project deliverables - "OpenOffice.org" --> "Apache OpenOffice"
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2013 10:23:16 GMT
Hi,

I have finished the renaming from "OpenOffice.org" to "Apache OpenOffice" - see
issue 121388.

Beside corresponding changes in the user interface this change has impact on the
following important and critical stuff:
- folder/directory names
- package names
- Windows registry key names and values
- ...

As the folder/directory path to the user profile is also changed, the user
profile of a former installed AOO (or OOo) version is not taken over.

If possible, please review the changes in your environment/platform.
I am asking especially our community members working on the BSD platform,
Solaris platform and OS/2 platform to have a deeper look.

minor note:
We are still on version number "3.5.0".
I will work on issue 119977 to adapt the version number to "4.0". I think I will
provide the corresponding patch soon, but I will wait with the integration in
order to have enough time for testing the renaming to "Apache OpenOffice".

Best regards, Oliver.